Friday, February 11, 2011

Top Six Reasons Not to Get Verizon's iPhone 4 -- yet

For the last several momths, I have been eagerly waiting to purchase the new iPhone4 from Verizon.  I have an Android, and it's OK.  But I have lusted over the iPhone since I first saw it.  Like many of you, seeing the iPhone was love at first site!  iPhone is a really, really cool phone.  An avid WebEx user, I wanted to be able to join meetings on my iPhone, like many of the virtual teams that we interact with daily.  Really--this phone makes my heart beat a little faster every time I see it.

But an article I read today in CIO has put those plans on hold.  According to the author, Al Sacco, here are the top six reasons NOT to purchase Verizon's iPhone 4 yet.

  1. The iPhone Verizon is offering is old technology - the same release that was first sold on June 2010. 
  2. You can't be on a phone call and search for information on the web.  The next release may change that.
  3. Verizon's iPhone is expensive--$199.99 for the 16GB model and $299.99 for the 32GB Model, plus a two-year service agagreement.  These are the same prices AT&T charged for it nine months ago!
  4. The Verison iPhone is very fragile.  It has glass on the front and back, which may look great, but is not going to win any durability awards.
  5. You can only load official mobile applications using iTunes.
  6. The Verizon iPhone has antennae issues.  Don't grab the phone too hard in an area with weak signal, or the call will get dropped. 
So, I'm going to wait until Verizon's iPhone5 is released.

Read the whole article at

http://www.cio.com/article/663581/Verizon_iPhone_4_Six_Good_Reasons_Not_to_Buy?page=1&taxonomyId=3061

Photo from crunchgear.com

Jaclyn Kostner, Ph.D., Bridge the Distance  http://www.distance.com/
Virtual team expert
Webinar interaction guru

No comments:

Post a Comment